Thursday, February 5, 2009

Poetry in the Photos

As I was browsing about to find a blog with some creative writing and some style, I found an interesting one by the name of Fifty-Four by a woman named Jane. It's really cute. She has lots of photos of her family and of things she thinks are interesting, like her birds and nature. After a lot of the photos she has little free style poems about whatever is in the picture. I really like the poem she wrote about her little dog and it has some cute pictures with it. It's really nifty how she incorporates her love for photography and poetry together. I'm really into photography too (I'm the photo editor for our yearbook) so maybe I'll do some based off of pictures.

When I wrote my poem that's listed below, Before You Get Burned, I actually did have a specific picture of the characters in my head. Even though I couldn't find it, I did enjoy picking out other photos to use. So maybe I'll join in with Jane and write some of my poetry with pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Sign up for mobile blogging if you have a camera on your phone. I am still trying to do more of it. Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I should really update my blog again... :) I really like your poems below- nice job!

    ReplyDelete